Flexible working: The new office
02 March 2016
Flexible working and remote workforces are taking over the regular office environment. The idea of telecommuting is growing, with an estimated 43% of Americans alone expected to work from home in 2016. With that in mind, what really are the benefits for your business?
The benefits of a flexible workforce include:
The idea of flexible working is a perk that could sway potential employees. Offering this perk in a job specification could be enough to set you apart from your competitors.
- 39% of employees have turned down or quit a job because they were not offered a flexible working scheme.
- 20% of employees would consider taking a pay cut for more flexible work options.
- 82% say if they were offered flexible work, they'd be more loyal to the company.
- 6 out of 10 employees would feel increased productivity when working out of office due to less stress from commuting, no office politics and fewer interruptions.
Excellent cost savings
- The adoption of telecommuting could potentially save companies, communities and its employees $700 billion each year.